Information: AHCI stand for Advance Host Controller Interface. AHCI is a hardware mechanism that allows software to communicate with Serial ATA (SATA) devices (such as host bus adapters) that are designed to offer features not offered by Parallel ATA (PATA) controllers, such as:
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) -might improve computer/system/hard disk responsiveness, especially in multi-tasking environment
- Read more about AHCI modeInstruction: There is one way to fix this, although you need to have knowledge of registry editing.
The detailed steps from Microsoft website are as follows:
- Exit all Windows-based programs.
- Press [Win] + R or take the RUN option from the start menu.
- Now type regedit there and press Enter Key to open up the Registry Editor Window.
- If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0 [3 is default], and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer
- Go to BIOS and enable AHCI, Save & Reboot
- Another restart will be required to finish the driver installation.
Source: Change from IDE to AHCI Mode
Thank you for reading IT Blog