The “Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007/2010/2013 encountered an error during setup.” seems to be a common issue with many Office users. Having rendered my Office install useless, I tried various troubleshooting to get it installed and again. What this issue ultimately came down to was corruption in my SSD drive and having to update my SSD drive firmware; if your install suddenly stops working and you are left unable to reinstall Office, you may want to look into possible disk corruption.
If having completed these steps
- Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if you cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?
- The 2007 Office suite or the 2010 Office suite Setup program will not restart after an initial installation is interrupted
are still unable to remove Microsoft Office, you can also try the following (These are some solutions that various research has found to work for others.):
- Run the Microsoft fix it (Office 2007/2010) or Microsoft fix it (Office 2013) from the following link to remove traces of Office
- Once the fix it process is complete try the step below to rename the Microsoft Help Folder and check if it helps:
· Hold Windows key + R.
· Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press Enter:
- Rename the ‘Microsoft Help‘ folder as ‘Microsoft Help. OLD‘ and try to reinstall
Other possible solutions for Office 2007/2010
- Try installing as the primary administrator account and try to reinstall
- Change your system time to 6 february 2010 and try to reinstall
- Choose the CUSTOMIZE install option and choosing that the programs be installed on the first use.
- Unregister/Reregister installer
start > run > msiexec /unregister
start > run > msiexec /regserver
restart system & try and try to reinstall office 2010
Thank you for reading IT Blog