Update: Raspberry Pi now availableBuy a Pi
The Raspberry Pi Foundation has developed an ultra-low-cost computer, for use in teaching computer programming to children. It is expected to have many other applications both in the developed and the developing world.
The first product is about the size of a credit card, and is designed to plug into a TV or be combined with a touch screen for a low cost tablet. The expected price is $25 for a fully-configured system.
- 700MHz ARM11
- 128MB or 256MB of SDRAM
- OpenGL ES 2.0
- 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- Composite and HDMI video output
- USB 2.0
- SD/MMC/SDIO memory card slot
- General-purpose I/O
- Optional integrated 2-port USB hub and 10/100 Ethernet controller
- Open software (Fedora, Iceweasel, KOffice, Python)
Website: Raspberry Pi
Thank you for reading IT Blog
Originally posted 2013-06-04 23:16:54. Republished by Blog Post Promoter