Have you, or a friend or family member ever used the restore CD of your computer, and found out you accidentally wiped out all your files? Unless you have a backup, you are likely to have lost your old installation, but there may be some hope to retrieve your lost files.
If you don’t have a backup, your only hope is to try to recover files that may still be on your hard drive, even though it appears to have been wiped out. To recover these files, you need data hard drive recovery software, designed to scan your hard drive and retrieve files that are still there.
Fortunately, people often use the “Quick Format” function when asked. A quick format will not hurt the original files in partition. The procedure of format is just to rewrite the partition table. That means the files are still at the original place after the quick format. This offers opportunities to recover data after format from hard drive/disk for whom want to perform formatted disk data recovery.
Once the partition is formatted, however though the original files still exist, they can be replaced by the new files. Once these old files are corrupted, even if you perform format recovery, you cannot open & use them anymore and it is critical that you recover data after format as soon as possible.
Effective software you can use
EaseUS Data Recovery (Free up to 2GB)
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free is the best free data recovery software to solve all data loss problems – recover lost files from hard drive, external hard drive, USB drive, Memory card, digital camera, mobile phone, music player and other storage media due to deleting, formatting, software crash, hard drive damage, virus attacking, partition loss or other unknown reasons. Only three steps and a few clicks to get whatever you lost back!
The free data recovery software offers two progressive scanning modes: quick scan will help find deleted files, and deep scan will help find formatted, inaccessible or lost files.
- Recover whatever you lost, such as pictures, videos, audio, emails, documents..
- Recover lost data from PC, laptop, digital device, server and storage media due to deleting, formatting, virus attacking, system error etc.
- May at any time to pause and continue, the scanning results can be saved and imported to perform another recovery without scanning again.
- Preview before Recovery
- Specify your recovery file types before scanning for precise searching results.
- Filter your search by file name, type, date to find files quickly and save time.
- Preview the files to check their details and quality before you decide to recover them.
Disk Drill’s Windows version of data recover software is completely free. Free data recovery software for Windows PC can recover data from virtually any storage device, including internal and external hard drives, USB flash drives, memory cards, and more. Disk Drill has several different recovery algorithms, including Undelete Protected Data, Quick Scan and Deep Scan. It will run through them one at a time until lost data is found.
Different types of hard drives and memory cards have different ways of storing data. Whether your media has a FAT, exFAT or NTFS file system, is HFS+ Mac drive or Linux EXT2/3/4, Disk Drill can recover deleted files. Sometimes your data is still on your drive, but a partition has been lost or reformatted. Disk Drill can help you find the “map” to your old partition and rebuild it, so your files can be recovered.
Mac Data Recovery (free and paid versions)
Disk Drill’s Mac disk recovery software includes a free and pro version. The free version includes backup and recovery features, while the pro version includes and quick and deep scan, HFS rebuild and catalog, lost partition search and more for all media types and file systems. Disk Drill can scan and recover data from virtually any storage device, including internal Mac hard drives, external hard drives, cameras, iPods, USB flash drives, Kindles, and memory cards. In many cases, Disk Drill can read your device even if it is failing, unreadable, or has lost a partition. Combining several powerful scanning algorithms, Disk Drill provides a complete Mac data recovery solution.
Disk Drill is not only about data recovery. It’s packed with useful disk tools for both professionals and home users. The best part about these extra tools is that they are free. There’s no need to buy additional apps to free up space on your hard drive, or create DMG backups, or monitor your disk’s health. With Disk Drill you are all covered, and best of all, additional tools are free, as they quote “forever”.
Runtime Software (Paid)
Runtime Software’s data recovery software will help you rescue your lost or inaccessible files from any imaginable data recovery disaster.
- The simplest Data Recovery Software ever. Lightning fast, for Windows NTFS and NTFS, and Linux EXT. No manual to read, no ostentatious options.
- Recover data from your broken Network Attached Storage device (NAS). Supports single-drive, RAID-0, RAID-1, and RAID-5.
- Recover data from a broken RAID Level 5 or 0 Array. RAID Reconstructor is not only a “destriper” but an “analyzer” as well.
- Mount any Novell, NTFS, EXT, or XFS drive or image from your Windows computer without requiring a network setup.
- Recover data from broken Windows RAIDs. Supports hardware and software RAIDs, RAID-0, and RAID-5.
- Backup and image logical drives and partitions, create hot images, copy one drive to another, schedule automatic backups.