SEO is a daunting task for any business, but someone has to do it! You only have two options: to have a team of SEO experts in your business do it or hire an agency. If you either lack the personnel or are not confident with your skills, then the best thing to do is to hire someone else for the job.
Here are the pros and cons of hiring an SEO agency.
Pros of Hiring an SEO Specialist
- Broad knowledge scope. SEO techniques require more than knowing the appropriate keywords. An experienced SEO agency such as SEO Melbourne has a pool of experts with advanced skills in digital marketing that will be helpful in your campaign. For instance, they can help you formulate digital and mobile ads to support your goals.
- Unique perspective. An experienced SEO agency has gained enough knowledge from working with various clients from different industries. They can offer you a unique perspective on your status, concerns, and goals so together you can implement SEO strategies that are tailored to your business.
- Updated. Experts in this field are updated on the current algorithmic changes of search engines. SEO agencies usually come in a team composed of account managers, web developers, and content writers, all working together to contribute to your campaign. Because search engines such as Google tweak their algorithms now and then, it pays to have someone skilled in this area so your business can adapt easily and not get left behind.
- Flexible. Working with an agency sometimes calls for more than just SEO. If you feel that your website needs to add a new key feature to get maximum exposure, you can always inform your agency about this. Their skill set can accommodate this additional need.
- Affordable. Hiring an agency such as SEO agency Melbourne is usually cheaper than getting an in-house SEO expert. In-house experts scale up their salary according to their experience. Plus, you have to include other incentives such as bonuses, salary raise, and other benefits.
- Accountable. When you work with an SEO agency, the deliverables that they should meet at a given time will be stated in your contract. Because you can end the deal if they fail to meet the agreement, you are assured that they will do everything to meet the requirements.
- You can fire them. If the agency fails to deliver the work that you have agreed upon, you can easily fire them. You can also fire them for failing to meet deadlines or the quality of work they have promised. If your work habits are not compatible, you can also choose to let them go.
Cons of Hiring an SEO Specialist
- Strictly virtual relationship. Most likely, you will not be meeting the team in person, and most of your communications will be done over the phone or email. The main issue with this is the difficulty in brainstorming ideas together and in implementing an abrupt change. You can always choose to find a team near you, but this will restrict you from hiring a team that has the expertise you need.
- Non-exclusive. If you hire a reputable agency, the chances are high that you’re not their only customer. This means that you can’t force them to focus on you. They will set a time for you, yes, but you cannot expect VIP treatment at all times.
- No total control. When contacting your agency, expect that they cannot immediately provide the answers to your questions. You have to trust them to do their work as stated in your contract. You may have to give them time and wait for the results.
- Lengthy contract terms. Watch out for agencies that force you to commit to a 12-month agreement. Choose one that gives an opt-out in the transaction if you do not see results.
- Dishonest practices. Some of these agencies will try to take shortcuts just to get paid. To avoid hiring these agencies, require three to five references before going forward.
If your business happens to have writers and digital marketing experts, you can perhaps work out the SEO campaign for yourselves. But your businesses may not have such resources, or you don’t have the time to learn about the technical aspect of reaching the top rank in Google. Hence, hiring an SEO agency is the best way to do it. In hiring one, keep in mind the pros and cons so you get the highest quality of service possible.
Originally posted 2018-11-26 04:36:44. Republished by Blog Post Promoter