Finding a perfect laptop for under $300 is not an easy task; people on a budget do not want to spend a lot of money but may be willing to give up a few technical specs. In this guide, we show you how to buy the best-priced laptop under $300.
Choosing a new laptop is not a simple task since there are a large variety of models with different configurations and prices available.
Knowing some key factors when choosing a laptop can save you a lot of money. Being realistic in this aspect will make it possible to get the laptop you need to study or work without having to invest a fortune in it.
Before starting we will define what really is a best-priced laptop since this concept does not have the same meaning for everyone. Want to get to the point? We’ve combined a current list of recommended laptops under $300 at our tech deals section:
What do we mean by “Best Priced Laptop”?
One of the first things that we must define clearly is the concept of the best-priced laptop because it is very ambiguous and relative. For example, a Dell Inspiron i3552-4042BLK Laptop for 300 dollars can be a best-priced laptop, especially if you take into account that the average price range of this type of laptops ranges between 500 and 750 dollars or more.
Many users confuse the concept of best-priced laptop describing an outdated or less powerful computer, but in this case, you get what you pay for, and, although cheap, does not comply with any of the expectations that have been put into it.
For this reason, before buying a laptop, you must be clear about what you are going to use it for and what features you need to then adjust your budget accordingly and find the priced laptop you can within those requirements.
A laptop of 200 dollars is not useful for everyone, nor does everyone need a laptop of 1000 dollars.
What it is going to be used for?
One of the first tips to buy a laptop is to know what it is going to be used for.
If you are going to use the laptop in a more versatile way in which more intensive browsing will be done with the need to do a little multi-tasking and watch multimedia content, etc., your laptop will focus in the range of between 300 and 500 dollars.
Alternatively, specialized laptops, such as gaming laptops, specially designed to obtain maximum performance in games and graphic applications, or ultrabooks and convertible 2-in-1 laptops, designed specifically to be lightweight will be found in the range of above 1,000 dollars.
Once you decide on which laptop you need, you will be able to find models online and sort them at the best price.
Tips for finding the best-priced laptop
Here are a few simple steps to help you find the best-priced laptop:
Sort by price and find your options
Search e-commerce sites online to narrow down your choices. Do a sort by price to narrow down which computers are in your price range.
Once you have a list of options, read reviews, and see how good your options are. Narrow down your options by the best specs and available laptops you can afford.
Alert tools can help you find the best deal on a laptop as soon as they are made available online. Use tools like Google alert to find specific models and be alerted as soon as they go on sale or best price plugins for your browser.
Advertisement websites like Slickdeals for example, give up to the minute information about what laptops and equipment are on sale for the day. This could be an impulse buy, however, it can lead you to the best price laptop that you won’t be able to get later on.
Sign up for newsletters
Sign up for newsletters on tech websites like Tiger Direct, NewEgg, and PC Mall to be sent an email on their latest sales on tech hardware and laptops.
Check the warranty and service
If you are planning to purchase a refurbished laptop, check on the warranty and service. This may save you money in the long run in case your hardware fails.
Best laptops under $300
If you are planning to spend $300 on your new laptop, there are many proficient laptops available in this price range.
ASUS L510 Ultra Thin Laptop, 15.6
Life is all about finding the right balance, and ASUS L510 delivers just that. Lightweight and compact, it sports a stylish new look that fits right in with your dynamic lifestyle. Designed for daily computing and productivity while boasting innovative features, ASUS L510 gives you everything you need for work or play.
- 【Processor】Dual Core Intel Celeron N4020 , 2.80GHz Brust Frequency, 6W TDP, 4MB Cache, Featuring true machine intelligence and a newly designed efficient architecture, the groundbreaking processor learns and adapts to your needs so you can achieve more
- 【Display】15.6″ Full HD (1920*1080) Display with NanoEdge and up to 178 degree viewing angles, narrow bezel design, enables you to focus more on your work and studies
- 【Memory & Storage】4GB High-Bandwidth DDR4 Memory, 256GB Storage, Smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs at the same time, ensure the smoothness of daily use and improve your work efficiency
- 【Operating System】 Windows 10 Home | 8Hrs+ Battery Life | Backlit Keyboard
- 【Included in the package】Bundled with Microfiber Cloth
Lenovo Flex 3 11.6″ HD Touchscreen 2-in-1 Chromebook Laptop
Chromebook Flex 3-11 Less complexity, more productivity! Fast, flexible, and fun, the Chromebook Flex 3-11 brings everyone’s favourite Chromebook features, housed in a slim 2-in-1 chassis, running on the lightning-fast Chrome OS that boots up in seconds, updates automatically, and is protected by built-in virus protection. Less than an inch thin, the Chromebook Flex 3-11 features an Intel® processor with up to 10 hours battery life, and is your best companion from day to night.
- 【11.6″ HD Touchscreen】11.6″ HD Touchscreen display with 1366 x 768 resolution] Typical HD resolution. Natural finger-touch navigation makes the most of Windows 11. Energy-efficient LED backlight.
- 【MediaTek MT8183 8-Core Processor 】MediaTek MT8183 (8 Cores, 4x A73 @2.0GHz + 4x A53 @2.0GHz) Quad Cores up to 2.0GHz. It helps to build a high-performance laptop close to console-level 3D gaming and cinema class home entertainment experiences. Experience MediaTek performance with entertainment features and fast connectivity. The processor delivers performance in a new computer that fits your lifestyle and budget. Power ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU Graphics
- 【 4GB LPDDR4X RAM + 160GB Space】 Plenty of high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 32GB eMMC flash memory+128GB Memory Card, this ultracompact memory system is ideal for mobile devices and applications, providing enhanced storage capabilities, streamlined data management, quick boot-up times and support for high-definition video playback.
- 【 Google Chrome OS 】Chrome OS is the speedy, simple and secure OS that powers every Chromebook. Chrome OS updates automatically every 6 weeks with the latest software and protection. Ready for Online Class, Webex, Zoom, Google Meeting
- 【Multiple Ports 】Lithium-ion polymer battery with 10 hours battery life. 11.5 x 8.48 x 0.77 inches, 2.64 lbs. 11ac, 2×2 + BT4.2; 1x microSD card slot, 1x USB-C 3.2 (support data transfer, Power Delivery 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.1a), 1x headphone / microphone combo jack (3.5mm), 1x USB 3.1 Type A, 1x Headphone/Microphone Combo. Built-in protection and Google products. Wireless-AC + Bluetooth, Arctic Grey
Lenovo 2022 14 Touchscreen Chromebook Laptop Computer
A portal to the latest Chromebook features, the Lenovo Chromebook 3 14 inch performs smoothly and effortlessly. As well as reliable Intel® processors and plenty of eMMC flash storage, it has a full keyboard and spacious trackpad for one of the best typing experiences around.
- [Display]14″ Full HD Touch screen Display, 1920×1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity, Energy-efficient IPS LED-LCD screen.To guarantee your privacy, the YSC physical webcam shutter safeguards you from the lingering anxiety over whether your camera’s still rolling after a video call.
- [Processor] MediaTek MT8183 Processor, Ultra-low-voltage platform. Octa-Core, four-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- [Memory] 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, Plenty of high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 64GB eMMC flash memory, This ultracompact memory system is ideal for mobile devices and applications, providing enhanced storage capabilities, streamlined data management, quick boot-up times and support for high-definition video playback.
- [Ports] Standard Keyboard, Allows you to enjoy comfortable and accurate typing. Integrated PowerVR GX6250 graphics with shared video memory provide solid image quality for Internet use, movies, basic photo editing and casual gaming. Dolby Audio with 2 x 2W stereo speakers & Built-in HD webcam with microphone. YSC webcamera cover help protects your privacy
- [Connections] Built to connect, Full I/O support comes standard on the laptop computer with USB-C, micro SD and USB 3.0 for effortless connectivity. Chrome OS
Previous Year’s Picks
Some more examples include:
- Acer Aspire 1
- Acer Chromebook 15
- Lenovo Ideapad 120S
- Asus Chromebook C202
- Dell Inspiron 11 3000
- ASUS L402WA
- Samsung Chromebook 3 XE500C13-K04US
- HP Stream 14-ax010nr 14-inch
- Lenovo IdeaPad 80TJ001QUK-AG 15.6-inch
Lenovo Ideapad 130
The brand identity of Lenovo is known to all of us and is considered among the most trusted laptop manufacturers. Another key aspect of Lenovo is that it is usually a budget-friendly within a confined budget. So the top on our list is Lenovo Idea pad 130. The specifications of this laptop are ideal for business people as it is lightweight, robust, and durable. It has a standard 15-inch form-factor and a good quality of hardware. Here are the specifications of the Lenovo Ideapad 130.
|Specifications of Lenovo Idea pad 130 15-Inch Premium Business Laptop
|AMD A9-9425U Dual Core 3.1 GHz Processor
|4GB DDR4 RAM (Upgradable up to 8GB)
|15.6-Inch HD LED Display, 1366 x 768 pixels Resolution
|AMD Radeon R5
|Windows 10 Home 64-bit
|Up to 5 hours
Lenovo Idea pad 130 laptop is a perfect choice for those who want to use it day to day work and play moderate games. The reasonable cost and efficient features of this laptop make it the most recommended laptop at $250. The laptop is available at Amazon to buy.
Asus Vivo Book L203MA
Another smart choice under a budget of 200-300 dollars is Asus Vivo Book L203MA. The laptop was launched recently and has a stylish look. The color of this laptop is grey and has a brushed aluminum body, giving it a seamless look. The HD display of 11 inches wide and a bright screen makes the laptop ideal for watching movies and photo editing. The laptop also includes a good HD webcam for Skype and video calling. The voice is also good with clear voice speakers. The keyboard is comfortable for typing and has decent spaces between keys. The touchpad supports multi-finger gestures providing convenience to use Windows 10. Here are the specifications of the Asus Vivo Book L203MA.
|Specifications of Asus Vivo Book L203MA
|Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-Core 1.1GHz Processor
|64GB eMMC Storage (Upgradable via SD card slot)
|4 GB DDR4 RAM
|11.6-Inch HD Glossy Display, 1366 x 768 Pixels Resolution
|Intel HD 600 Graphics
|Windows 10 Pro S
|Up to 10 hours
Asus Vivo Book L203MA is overall a smart choice in this price range. The laptop is good for students, and professionals providing a comfortable experience for day to day use. The software and hardware of this lightweight laptop combine to make it stylish, durable and well-performing. You can get this laptop at the Amazon store.
Dell Inspiron 3000 15.6 Laptop
Another budget-friendly yet multi-purpose laptop is Dell Inspiration 3000. For people looking for a mix of work and entertainment can get this laptop within a small budget. The laptop is smaller in size and the material used to make its body is heat resistant. So, the laptop doesn’t heat up during long sessions of gaming and playing. The laptop is available with Windows 10 installed and also holds a warranty of accidental cover from Dell.
|Specifications of Dell Inspiron 3000 15? Budget Performance Laptop
|Intel Pentium N5000 1.1GHz Processor (Up to 2.7GHz)
|500GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
|4 GB DDR4 RAM (Expandable up to 8 GB)
|15.6-Inch LED Backlit display with 1366×768 Resolution
|Intel UHD Graphics 605
|Windows 10 Home 64-bit
We recommend that Dell Inspiron 3000 is the best all-purpose well-performing laptop under the budget of 300 dollars. However, the laptop might not fulfill the luxuries of someone looking for a sleek and lightweight design as the laptop weighs about 5 lbs. The weight of this laptop might be a factor that discourages some of the customers from buying it. However, the overall quality and features make it a wise choice in this price range. You can buy this laptop from the Amazon store.
Lenovo Flex 11 Convertible Laptop
Lenovo Flex 11 2-in-1 laptops have Intel Pentium Silver N5000 1.1 GHz Processor with 64GB eMMC storage and 4GB DDR4 RAM. They have an 11.6-Inch HD LED-lit touchscreen display with 1366×768 resolution. Although this device is not made for gaming, it can support touch games available on Microsoft Store with its 5+ hours battery sustenance.
Overall, it’s an all-rounder laptop and can work great for students to take notes in class or businesspeople for doing all the office-oriented work. You can buy this laptop from Amazon store.
|Specifications of Lenovo Flex 11 2-in-1 Laptop
|Intel Pentium Silver N5000 1.1 GHz Processor
|4GB DDR4 RAM
|11.6-Inch HD LED-lit Touchscreen display with 1366×768 Resolution
|Intel UHD 605 Graphics
|Windows 10 Home in S Mode
|Up to 6 hours
All of these laptops are good options for those who want to go for a budget-friendly laptop without comprising on their priority specifications.
That marks the end of the article and our list for finding the best laptops under $300.
When buying the best-priced laptop, rely only on trusted brands and manufacturers, with good technical support.
We’ve handpicked some of the best laptops under $300. While these laptops are pretty cheap, you might consider supercharging with an SSD hard drive. The performance is night and day! Check out our selection of low priced SSD hard drive picks here: Best SSD Hard Drives under $130.
For more help on making your choice, also check out our article on:
Tips for Buying the Best Laptop under $300.
There are many technical aspects to consider, but it is worth spending a few hours to examine all the information. In return, you will enjoy a good laptop for many years.
Originally posted 2019-07-29 16:10:42. Republished by Blog Post Promoter