In this blog, we will discuss 3 Ways to Fix Lenovo Touchpad Not Working on Windows 10.
Has your Lenovo Touchpad stopped working? Don’t worry; we’ll explain how to update the Lenovo touchpad driver on Windows 11 10 and cure trackpad difficulties below.
It’s reasonable to feel irritated when the touchpad fails to function. Fortunately, there are techniques for overcoming the touchpad not working on Windows computers problem. Simply go through the steps below and discover the best potential solution for the touchpad not functioning problem.
Various Methods to Restore Lenovo Touchpad Function – Windows 10
- Remove the external mouse if any connected to the computer
- Enable the touchpad
- The mouse driver needs to be installed on the computer
Step-by-step procedure to Fix Lenovo Touchpad Not Working on Windows 10
Remove the external mouse if any connected to the computer
As not all models of laptops support the touchpad when an external mouse is connected, it is advised to remove or detach the external mouse. After detaching the external mouse, see if the touchpad is working or not.
If not working after detaching the mouse, then switch to the next step.
How to enable Touchpad
This may seem like a straightforward remedy, yet we sometimes ignore the obvious. Many times willingly or unwillingly, people
To verify Touchpad is activated, perform the following steps:
- Click on Start, select Settings, and then Devices
- Navigate to mouse and touchpad.
- Now click on the Additional mouse option and then click on Mouse properties
- A new window will open, here click on Device settings
- Look for touchpad settings and see if the touchpad is enabled or not. If not enabled then enable it.
- This will resolve the touchpad problem if any. If this does not assist, proceed to another step.
Install mouse driver
If you find that the Lenovo touchpad is enabled but still does not work, you must upgrade your Windows 10 touchpad driver. To accomplish this, you may use Device Manager, visit the Lenovo official website, or try Advanced Driver Updater, an efficient and dependable driver updating software.
To update the Lenovo touchpad driver on Windows 10, 11 PC, manually follow the steps:
- In Windows search bar type Device Manager and open it
- Navigate to Mice and other pointing devices
- Right-click on the Lenovo touchpad device and select Update driver software
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software
- Now click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Click on have Disk Button and select a suitable touchpad driver.
- Restart laptop.
To download and install the Lenovo touchpad driver or to update the Lenovo touchpad driver from the manufacturer’s site, directly follow the steps:
- Visit the manufacturer’s site by clicking here
- Click on PC> View PC Support
- Enter the product name or serial number
- Select the touchpad driver
- Click on Download to install the touchpad driver
- Restart the computer to apply changes
How to Automatically update drivers by using Advanced Driver Updater
Advanced Driver Updater is an automatic driver upgrading utility that assists in the repair/updating of obsolete drivers. Moreover, the utility backs up the previous drivers before updating them.
Follow these instructions to use this amazing utility:
- Click and install Advanced Driver Updater
- Run Advanced Driver Updater and click on Start Scan Now
- Wait for the scan to get complete
- You will get a list of all the outdated drivers
- If you are using an unregistered version, then you will be able to install the drivers one by one, But if you are a registered user, then you can update all the outdated drivers at once.
- Click on update all, and all the outdated drivers will update automatically.
- Restart the computer, and you will see the touchpad working
Hopefully, the actions outlined above will allow you to update the Lenovo Touchpad driver. Using automatic driver updating software, such as Advanced Driver Updater, you can simply update the touchpad drivers and use the touchpad. Alternatively, if your technical knowledge is good, then you may upgrade the Lenovo Touchpad driver manually either from the manufacturer’s site or from the device manager. make sure before you opt to use the manual methods; you have the relevant information regarding the device’s OS and model number. It will assist in upgrading the driver & avoiding any issues that may arise as a result of installing the erroneous driver.
Let us know your views in the comments below.
Originally posted 2022-07-21 18:14:22. Republished by Blog Post Promoter