Listen to Audio
Which is the best personal assistant for mobile in 2018, 2019? In this iOS and Android blog article, we’ll explore the three hottest personal assistants for mobile today.
In 2018, 2019 and recent years, personal assistants are becoming more and more popular; Apple led the development of personal assistants with Siri (which only works on iOS), and Google followed with Google Now (for Android and iOS), which works on both the iOS and Android. Microsoft then jumped in as a personal assistant competitor with Cortana (for Android and iOS).
So in 2015-2016, which personal assistant takes the lead?
Here’s Associated Press’s study, testing Apple’s Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana and Google Now. Let’s see how they did.
In conclusion to this study, all three have pretty factual information.
- All three were able to get the temperature right
- All three new the length of the Golden Gate Bridge, however, Google and Cortana both used the Imperial System for measuring the Golden Gate bridge while Siri used the metric system
- Google and Siri were able to find the same number of pharmacies in this test, and Cortana was able to find more in the vicinity
- When asked to make a reservation, Siri and Cortana did not know what to do, while Google pulled up Open Table with the reservation already filled out, except that the place was booked for weeks
- When asked about movie times, all three showed local listings, but Siri showed the newest release at the nearest location with a shortcut to Fandango
Siri programmers have great sense of humor, Google is all business, and Cortana is catching up to both.
By scoring up to 3 points for speed and usefulness and tallying up the results at the end, here is one video that tests which consistently the best assistant.
When it came to speed, here are what this study showed (Assuming that internet connection and phone service was the same for each phone when put head to head) :
- When asked what time it was, Google was fastest, followed by Siri then Cortana
- When asked the time in Tokyo, Google and Siri tied, with Cortana answering many seconds later
- When asked the weather, Google was fastest, followed by Siri then Cortana
- When asked about directions, Cortana was fastest, followed by Google, then Siri
- When asked about flight time, Google was fastest, followed by Siri then Cortana
- When asked abut dates, Google and Siri tied, followed by Cortana
- When asked for a calculation, Google and Siri tied, followed by Cortana
- When asked to set a reminder, Siri was fastest, followed by Google then Cortana
In this test, which was done in the UK, Google was the fastest when asked general questions. Siri was quick with settings reminders. Cortana was fastest with giving directions, but slowest in general.
Below is the newest video of the three mentioned in this article, which does a test on accuracy, and again speed.
- When asked the weather in this video, Google was fastest, followed by Siri then Cortana
- When asked to set a reminder in this video, Google was fastest, followed by Siri then Cortana
- When asked how tall the Freedom Tower in New York is in this video, Google was fastest, followed by Cortana, then Siri
- When asked for directions in this video, Google was fastest, followed by Cortana, then Siri
- When asked the weight of the new Apple Mac Book, Google was fastest, followed by Cortana, then Siri
- When asked about calorie content, Google was fastest, followed by Cortana, then Siri
In this latest video, Google was fastest when asked general questions. Cortana placed second this time when asked directions. Siri was right behind Google this time when asked to set a reminder. Cortana seemed to be catching up on speed compared to the video taken in the UK. Siri placed in the middle of both, but seemed to be slowest this time in this study.
Personal assistants are in constant development. What might seem like the best or worst in this article, might be the best or worst tomorrow. What’s your favorite personal assistant? Do you think these studies are accurate today? Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below.