Have a new installation of Windows 7 or 8 that won’t mount iso images automatically? Here’s an easy way to get that functionality working! Just download, install, and double click your iso file, and you are ready to go!
WinCDEmu is an open-source CD/DVD/BD emulator – a tool that allows you to mount optical disc images by simply clicking on them in Windows Explorer. If you have downloaded an ISO image and want to use it without burning it to a blank disc, WinCDEmu is the easiest way to do it.
- One-click mounting of ISO, CUE, NRG, MDS/MDF, CCD, IMG images.
- Supports unlimited amount of virtual drives.
- Runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions from XP to Windows 7.
- Allows creating ISO images through a context menu in Explorer.
- Small installer size – less than 1MB!
- Does not require rebooting after installation.
- A special portable version is available.
- Translated to more than 20 languages.
- Does not occupy drive letters when not used.
- Supports data, DVD-video and BD-video images.
- WinCDEmu is free for any kind of use – it is licensed under LGPL