Have an unexplained query about how to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook Free Software? Then you have come to the right place to get the explanation of your query of how to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook free software.
In this Article, I am going to discuss about How to Export Lotus Notes email to Outlook. Mail Souls Software benefits you with online conversion tool to convert NSF file to Outlook. And here I will explain you the best method to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook.
- Brief about Lotus Notes and Outlook
- Reasons to Export Lotus Notes email to Outlook
- How to manually Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook PST format
- Step 1: In the first part of this process, you need to export Lotus Notes NSF Files.
- Step 2: The first part of this process, i.e. export Lotus Notes email to Outlook has been finished successfully. Now you need to import data to Outlook, which is the second part of this process. You need to follow the steps shown below:
- Drawbacks of Manual Method: Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook
- Why to Choose Professional Solution?
Brief about Lotus Notes and Outlook
Let’s start with the brief information about Lotus Notes and Outlook. And then we’ll move ahead and learn to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook.
Lotus Notes- Lotus Notes is a desktop workflow application which is provided by IBM. Lotus Notes offers commercial collaboration functions such as- Instant messaging, email, calendars, blogs, personnel directory and forums to organisations. Lotus Notes can also use with other Domino apps and database.
Outlook- MS Outlook is a personal information manager that comes as part of Microsoft’s office suite. One of the most powerful email client application, absolutely. It manages email, calendars, contacts, tasks, lists, and documents or files on the hard drive. Outlook helps you to communicate through email as well as provide phone support & group scheduling capabilities. Outlook also helps you to share information by means of public folders, forms, and Internet connectivity. Outlook makes two basic file formats that are .pst and .ost for working online and offline.
Reasons to Export Lotus Notes email to Outlook
There are a numerous reasons due to which a lot of users are trying to export or convert Lotus Notes emails to Outlook PST format.
- Microsoft Outlook let users to work even in offline mode
- Provides better email and data organisation
- Overloaded with more security features than Lotus notes
- The user interface of MS Outlook is considered more user-friendly than Lotus Notes
- Outlook also need less maintenance charges as compared to Lotus Notes
- Sharing data in Outlook is also very easy as compared to Lotus Notes
- And the last feature is that Outlook has been termed as one of the best email clients to experience multitasking
How to manually Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook PST format
Before starting the conversion, it’s compulsory to take back up of original NSF file. There are chances that original file gets damaged during the conversion process. The entire conversion process can be considered into two steps.
- Export Lotus Notes NSF Files
- Import to MS Outlook
Step 1: In the first part of this process, you need to export Lotus Notes NSF Files.
- Install Lotus Notes software on your system
- Open the NSF database file on your system
- Click on the Open button present on the top left hand side of IBM Notes application
- Select the NSF database file you want to open.
- Then click on Menu, go to the file option and click on export option from the menu.
- On the Export Window, select a location for the new file. Click Save as and select either Comma Separated Value or Structured Text.
- Type a name for this file, and then click the Export button
- If you choose Comma Separated Value, the dialog box pops up, select the required options from the same and click OK
- Or, if you select Structured Text, the dialog box pops up, and choose the options and click Ok
Step 2: The first part of this process, i.e. export Lotus Notes email to Outlook has been finished successfully. Now you need to import data to Outlook, which is the second part of this process. You need to follow the steps shown below:
- Install MS Outlook application on your system
- Click on File Menu and then Open
- Click Import option in the list
- From the Import and Export panel, choose import from another program or files option. Then Click Next.
- After that choose the format to import from. Then select Comma Separated Value and then click next.
- Browse the file in your system and select it and then click on Next button.
- Now select the destination folder where you want to import the CSV file. Click Next
- Now the process will be started and it will be complete within a few seconds. Finally. Click Finish.
Now you can successfully access Lotus Notes NSF data into MS Outlook application.
Drawbacks of Manual Method: Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook
- Takes Up a Lots of Space
- Files can be damaged, lost, or misplaced.
- Hard to Make Changes
- High Access Time
- Lack of Security
- Higher Cost
Why to Choose Professional Solution?
The manual method is definitely a time-consuming task. It will take lot of time in completing the task. And also lengthy process. In such situation, a third-party professional solution would be the best option for users. It hardly takes a few minutes for successful conversion of email files.
- Download and Install Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter on your system
- Select NSF file by “Add Files” or “Add Folder” of Lotus Notes to Outlook and Preview selected files.
- Then click on Export option and choose required file saving format
- Click Browse button and choose the desired destination path to save resultant file and click on Convert
- The conversion process will start with a progress status and it will complete with a successful message “Conversion Done Successfully”. Click OK to finish the process
Features of Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook
- Bulk Conversion of Lotus Notes NSF files: Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter supports bulk migration of Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook without any data loss.
- No File Size Limitation: With the help of Lotus Notes to Outlook converter tool, you can convert any size of NSF file to Outlook without any problem.
- Maintains Exact Folder Structure: During the migration process, the software maintains all the folder structure without any changes and data loss.
- Support Preview Facility: This software comes with preview function, users can check and view the complete data before final Lotus Notes to Outlook Conversion process.
- Installation of Lotus Notes is required: Installation of Lotus Notes is required to perform conversion of emails, contacts, calendars and etc.
- 100% Safe and Secure: The Lotus Notes to PST Converter is tested by many standard organization. So you do not need to worry about security and other issues.
- Supports all Windows and Lotus Notes Editions: This software supports all the Windows editions (64-bit and 32-bit) – 10. 8.1, 8, 7 and etc. and this software also supports latest and below versions of Lotus Notes (0, 8.5, 7.0, etc.).
So far we have discussed tricks and techniques to Convert Lotus Notes to outlook. We also discussed manual solution to export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook. However, it’s totally depend on user which method he wants to apply as per his feasibility. But officially, use of a professional solution is necessity of today. As it provides 100% safe and secure atmosphere for conversion of Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST.