Knowledgebases are a dime a dozen, but functionality is not always rich. Wordpress is the most popular content management system in the world, and because of that, there is a large need for knowledgebases, for companies and websites that require them.
The beauty of WordPress is the number of plugins available to support any type of functionality that a website needs to operate. A common useful function for WordPress sites is it’s built in search functionality, but when functions need to get advanced, sometimes you need a more robust system, like a knowledgebase.
One of our favorite knowledgebase is MinervaKB.
Here are some of our favorite features:
Built-in analytics enable web developers to track knowledgebase performance, like tracking searches and user action. Website owners can easily track the performance of your knowledge base, making the necessary changes to articles that need improvement. Google Analytics Integration works together with the plugin to provide more advanced reporting.
Flexible Live Search
Flexible Live Search makes recommendations and allows users to scan the available content without opening and navigating through many pages.
Along with it’s own knowledgebase support, email support is always useful. For paid users, 6 months of support is included and can be extended.
- Ajax intuitive Live Search with multiple themes
- Analytics dashboard, with views, likes and dislikes weekly / monthly graph
- Articles feedback
- Google Analytics integration
- Search on articles and topics pages
- Custom order of topics (drag n drop)
- Home page box or list layout, with 2,3 or 4 columns
- Dynamic Table of Contents in articles
- Custom post type slugs
- Breadcrumbs on topics and articles pages
- Nested categories support
- Multiple sidebars for each page type
- Optionally can display page content on knowledge base page
- Icons for topics or articles (600+ icons)
- Show or hide article views, likes and dislikes buttons and count with custom icons
- Estimated reading time for articles
- Enable or disable comments
- Use our templates or switch to your theme default templates
- Override plugin templates from theme
- Topic and articles widgets
- Topics, articles and search shortcodes
- Tip, Info and Warning content shortcodes for use in our articles, with custom colors and icons
- Responsive design
- Translation ready