Lost your Windows XP password? Here’s a workaround you can use, using system repair using your Windows XP CD.
1. Initiate a system repair using your Windows CD.
2. After XP setup copies installation files to your computer, your system will reboot. After reboot, XP setup will initiate the setup/repair process. At this time, press Shit + F10.
3. In command prompt, type control userpasswords2 and press Enter.
4. Click on the Advanced Tab, and under Advanced user management, click on the Advanced button.
5. Click on the Users folder in the left pane. In the right pane, you should see all available users.
6. Right click the user you would like to edit credentials to, and select set password.
7. Enter your new password.
8. Allow XP setup to complete. You will now be able to login under the new passwords you specified!