Basic4android is the simplest and most powerful Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool available for the Android platform
Basic4android is a simple and powerful RAD tool for developing native Android applications. It has a powerful framework built by Android experts improves your development process. It has complete IDE and programming language 100% focused on Android development, and compiles to native bytecode. No runtime libraries are required. APK files are exactly the same as APK files created with Java / Eclipse. It’s performance is similar to applications written with Java, and language is object oriented programming language (syntax similar to MS Visual Basic). There is no need for XML programming. It comes with a rapid debugger and supports quick deployment and hot code swapping. No other native Android tool supports this feature! Basic4android is highly extensible with support for custom Java libraries.
- Basic4android includes all features needed to develop great, real-world Android applications
- Compiled applications are native Android applications, there is no extra run-time or any dependencies
- A community with over 40k developers is waiting to help you get started
There is no need to know Visual Basic, VB6, VB.Net, etc… to develop with Basic4android. Basic4android is in use by numerous universities, colleges and other academic institutions that teach computer and mobile programming. It is a simpler, more intuitive and “more fun” than alternatives.
More features include:
- WYSIWYG visual editor for Android supports multiple screens and resolutions.
- Powerful designer scripts feature. Lets you easily create sophisticated layouts
- Basic4android UI Cloud service. Test your layouts on a cloud of real phones and tablets New!
- Supports all Android phones and tablets from Android 1.6 and up to Android 4.x
- Modern IDE with autocomplete, built-in documentation, internal index and other advanced features
- Powerful step-by-step debugger
- Large set of documentation with a custom online search engine and offline search engine tools
- Built-in code obfuscation
- Supports all Android core features
- 50% discount for academic usage