Don’t have Microsoft Word and need to open a .docx file? You can make a docx reader out of Internet Explorer or any other text editor.
- Change the file extension of your docx file to .zip (hello.docx -> hello.zip)
- Extract the contents of this zip file locally using Winzip or any other unzip utility.
- Open the “word” folder in the extracted files and you should see a file called document.xml.
- Open document.xml inside Internet Explorer and there you have the full text of your docx document.
- If there are any images or charts, they’ll be available under a sub-folder called media.