Listen to Audio
For formatting a disk without trouble, a practical disk format tool is in requirement. In this post, you can get some information about choosing a disk-formatting utility.
If you want to format a disk for different reasons, you need to find out a reliable disk format tool. In this post, we’ll show you what is disk format and how to choose a good disk-formatting tool. A disk formatter with stable quality will be introduced.
Why need to format a hard disk?
Formatting a hard drive is an operation to initialize a disk. This operation will delete everything on the target disk and allocate the file system (FAT 32, NTFS, etc.). Generally, PC users may decide to format a hard disk for the following reasons:
- Release disk space. When there’s little space on your PC hard drive, especially on the C drive, you may want to clean up the disk to have more free space, then you can format the disk.
- Improve the disk performance. Sometimes, there may be malware and unwanted files on the PC hard drive, so it is in poor performance. Formatting a disk can remove all the disturbing things from the disk, and improve the disk performance.
- Reuse the PC disk. When a person has a second-hand hard drive, he may need to remove all data on it before using the disk to store files. Formatting a disk can quickly delete all previous things from the old disk.
- Convert the file system. If the file system of the disk is not compatible with the device, users should format it to the proper file system.
- Remove write protection. Once a disk is write-protected for different reasons (eg: it’s corrupted), no one can work on it. If you encounter a write-protected disk, you can solve this problem by formatting it.
- Install a new hard disk. When you buy a new disk and install it on your PC, the system will ask you to initialize or format it first.
If you want to format a hard drive, you may need a disk format tool. In the next part, you can learn how to select a functional disk formatter.
How to choose a reliable disk format tool
In the Windows system, there are three built-in disk formatting tools that can help you to format a disk: Disk Management, CMD and File Explorer. But all of them have drawbacks: they cannot format a hard disk larger than 32 GB. If the target disk isn’t shown on File Explorer, you’ll also fail to format the disk.
Therefore, if your hard disk is larger than 32 GB, seeking a powerful and reliable disk formatter is in requirement. How to choose a good disk format tool? You can focus on these points:
- Easy to use: The disk format tool should be simple, or the users may face the risk of operating falsely.
- Practical: The functions it provides should meet your need for formatting a disk, or no matter how powerful it is, it cannot solve our problems.
- Compatible: The tool needs to be compatible with the users’ devices.
- All-round: The software can handle the problems users encounter.
- Clean: The interface of the disk format software should be organized, then the users can locate the disk formatting function as soon as possible.
- Safe: The utility doesn’t come with unknown viruses or malware.
A powerful disk formatting tool on Windows
According to the points shared in the former part, you may know how to choose a reliable disk format tool. Here, we highly recommend AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, it’s a free utility for Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP users.
In a clear and tidy interface, this tool can help you format a hard disk within several operations, even if it’s larger than 32 GB. When you meet a RAW or write-only disk, it can easily format the disk. You don’t need to worry about the threat of viruses or malware, for this tool refuses to be bonded with them.
The powerful tool can format any disk to Ext4/Ext3/Ext2 Linux file system. Besides, if you want to perform the conversion between NTFS and FAT 32 without losing data, you can do it with the “NTFS to FAT 32 Converter” function.
Moreover, when you are stuck in issues like Windows extend volume greyed out and the disk not shown on the PC, you can also easily solve them with this functional tool.
Step 1. Download and install this practical hard drive format software, then right-click the partition o the hard drive you want to format and click “Format Partition”.
Step 2. In the new pop-out window, select one file system, then set the Partition Label and Cluster Size, click “OK”.
Step 3. Click “Apply” and “Proceed” to format the selected partition on the target disk. Then repeat these three steps until you format all partitions on the target hard disk.
Shortcoming: If you want to enjoy some advanced functions, such as Allocate free space, Move installed applications, Upgrade the hard drive, and so on, you need to turn to the Professional Version.
In this post, we have shared the definition and the reasons for formatting a disk, then recommended a reliable and professional disk format tool- AOMEI Partition Assistant for you. If you want to format a disk easily, just have a try. Apart from formatting disks, this tool can also work as a free PC cleaner, hard drive wiper, etc.
Originally posted 2023-05-15 14:48:16. Republished by Blog Post Promoter