Listen to Audio
When designing an office or other workspace for your business, it is vital that you take into consideration its impact on your employees and what you can do to improve their health and mood levels when at work.
The right office space is the key to productivity, and this guide will instruct you on the best solutions for your office that will make it a desirable workspace for your employees.
How do workplaces impact your employees?
1 in 6.8 people experience mental health difficulties when in the workplace. Although there are many causes for this, such as workplace bullying and unhappiness in their work, their office or workplace can help to reduce or increase their mood at work.
There are many reasons why an office may diminish their mental health, such as extreme noise levels and low natural lighting. Not only this, but sedentary workplaces can lead to poor health through a lack of exercise, and there are many instances of poor hygiene in offices and other workplaces such as warehouses which can be improved.
However, considering your employees, when designing your office can lead to great benefits for your business, such as increased motivation and productivity, which could make your business more efficient.
How can office design benefit employees?
- Creating an open plan office is one of the best design options for those with their employees in mind as this can encourage group discussion and motivate employees to exercise more by moving between desks to speak to others. This ensures that no one is in an isolated position which could potentially increase low mood, however noise levels may be an issue.
- You should also consider installing break out areas where employees can hold private group discussions and work on projects together, as well as areas where employees can work on solo assignments without distraction.
- The ideal workplace should be uncluttered and organized, and you can do this by installing the right amount of shelving and storage options for your office size and the amount of data which you are storing. G-rack.co.uk provides a range of industrial level storage options for businesses which are durable enough to hold large loads and can help your employees to find documents easily.
- Increasing the natural lighting in your office can also increase employee motivation over artificial lighting, make sure that they get more vitamins, allow them to adjust to the ambient temperature, and this can even improve their sleep cycle which can lessen fatigue at work.
- Installing a dehumidifier can also be beneficial to offices and other workplaces where air circulation is a problem like warehouses as this can reduce the amount of bacteria and cleaning fumes which can make employees ill and make sure that air is consistently circulated.
What are the alternatives to office culture?
If you want to give your employees the best experience in terms of workplace, you should consider the advantages of allowing your employees to work from home. Among other benefits, employees will often find that they are more motivated to do work as they will be able to work at their own pace and to their own schedule without the distraction of bustling workplaces throughout the day.