Listen to Audio
SEO or search engine optimization is a digital marketing technique that takes advantage of Google and Bing’s extensive network and function. Essentially, potential customers find your website through their search queries. If SEO is done well for your site, you’ll show up in the results for relevant keywords.
This tactic is an inbound marketing strategy, which means that customers are the ones looking for a solutions provider for their needs. It’s the opposite of bugging down prospects with ads in the hopes that they’ll finally relent and purchase your products and services.
With SEO, you can target consumers who will most likely purchase your merchandise. It’s a valuable tool for any brand, that’s why lots of providers are helping organizations get the most out of this service, like this Utah SEO company.
Here are the reasons why SEO is so important for online success:
A Wider Reach
These days, everyone turns to search engines to find a quick answer to virtually any question on the planet. You can take advantage of that kind of reach with the proper SEO techniques.
However, you should remember that, as with any other venture, boosting your site traffic doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time and effort to build your rank and make your way to the top of relevant search words.
These are the three primary steps you should take to set and accomplish your SEO goals:
Measure Targets – You must define what you want to achieve through SEO. Do you need more new customers or want to engage with current clients further? Each member of your marketing team should be aware of these targets to get everyone on the same page and direction.
Establish SEO Benchmarks – Then, you ought to have a precise understanding of the number of visitors, leads, and customers your brand needs to achieve your overall marketing goal. Factors for this aspect include conversion rates, SEO Share of Voice (SOV), and other technical metrics.
Develop an Action Plan – Your action plan depends on your goals, search demand, competition, and available resources. This serves as a guide for your team for your short- and long-term marketing strategies.
More Quality Traffic
Another primary advantage of SEO for businesses, whether large or small, is that you get targeted traffic. As mentioned above, this technique involves being visible to people who have shown interest in you or your competitor’s products and services. This inclination means that they’ll most likely purchase from you if they see that you have the solution for their problems.
If you’re running a small company, though, it doesn’t make sense to invest in large-scale SEO that reaches people from all over the globe. Here’s where local SEO comes to the rescue. This SEO type focuses on optimizing your website and its content to target prospects in nearby areas.
Let’s say you operate a salon in Salt Lake. You can use local SEO techniques to have your website show up on results for relevant keywords in your locality. Adding geographical tags to your blog posts can signal to Google or Bing that you’re based in this place. With this, the search engine will pull up your brand when people look for “salons in Salt Lake City” or “Salt Lake City haircut.”
Some tips on how to maximize local SEO:
- Optimize Google My Business – The GMB service allows business owners to control the information that shows up when people look up their brand on Google. The details show up on the Knowledge Graph, which is typically displayed at the right side of the search engine results pages (SERPs) when opened through a computer.
- Edit Your NAP for Consistency – You should ensure that your business’ Name, Address, and Phone Number (NAP) is consistent, from its spelling and capitalization to the special characters, in all your online posts, whether on your website or in guest blogs.
- Get Citations – Citations are listings of your NAP on websites that aggregate data, which serve as a directory for users who are looking for brands. Joining these sites and registering for your area can boost your local SEO.
- Post Reviews Online – Solicit testimonials from previous or current customers because these act as social proof of your credibility and ability to deliver the best products and services. You can post these reviews on your GMB profile.
- Use Schema Markup – Schema is microdata that store an enhanced description of your website known as a rich snippet. This aspect is directly for the benefit of search engines, which reads the information on the HTML specification. It boosts your local SEO because you get to deliver the best content to human readers.
Increase Leads and Sales
With the extensive reach you gain from SEO, you can become more visible to potential customers. The moment that they click on your link in the SERPs and share their information through registration forms, they’re considered as a lead or someone who’s interested in your products or services.
Once prospects are on your website, your content should captivate and engage them. Your blog posts or videos should make them stay on your site long enough for you to market your merchandise to them directly.
The more search engines direct high-quality traffic—i.e., interested consumers—to your website, the higher the chances that you make a sale. Thus, having a solid SEO strategy and action plan can significantly boost your profits.
The different customer stages involved in lead generation are:
- Strangers – This level pertains to people who haven’t been introduced to your brand. In this category, there are those who are interested in your products and services while others aren’t.
- Visitors – At this stage, they’ve been exposed to your company and have clicked on your link in the SERPs. They aren’t considered leads yet if they only visited your website but didn’t perform any other action in it.
- Leads – The visitors who responded to your call-to-action (CTA) are called leads. Often, they have submitted their information on forms found in your site in exchange for newsletter updates or free software and the like.
- Customers – Engaging with leads with the help of a customer relationship management (CRM) system improves the chances that they become paying customers. Reach out and start a conversation with your current clients through email and social media platforms.
- Promoters – The final and ideal level of lead generation is to have your customers become your brand advocates at no additional costs. It means that they enjoyed your products and services so much that they want others to know about them as well.
SEO is a cost-effective alternative to other types of digital marketing, like pay-per-click (PPC) ads. With the latter, you have to keep on paying the advertising platform each month so that they’ll continue displaying your promotional banners or content.
With SEO, you can write a blog post yourself or ask an agency to create one on your behalf and continue getting traffic from that single article for a lifetime. Moreover, because SEO is an inbound marketing strategy, it actually brings in more clicks to your links than PPC since your website is only visible to those who’ve expressed interest in your merchandise. This is in contrast with PPC, where it’s sometimes a hit but more often a miss when it comes to the people who see your ads.
Boost Brand Authority
People view companies in the top results in SERPs as more credible and reliable than those in other pages. This is why you should lay down your SEO groundwork properly right at the start of your campaign.
Google is always tweaking its algorithm to ensure that the best content is delivered to users when they type in a particular query. Fortunately, observing proper SEO techniques will always put you at the winning side of the SEO game.
Three SEO aspects that you should focus on for your website include:
- On-Site Optimization – This involves optimizing the technicalities of your website, such as title tag, meta description, headers, and internal links. They should consist of relevant keywords. Be careful with over-optimizing each page, though, since Google penalizes sites that attempt to manipulate the system.
- Content – Your blog posts, infographics, and videos serve to attract potential customers. They also entice other sites to link back to your website as a source of reliable industry information.
- Off-Site Optimization – This process is also known as link building. When other sites link back to your resources, search engines view this as a vote of confidence on your content, which boosts your brand’s authority in your niche.
SEO is a valuable tool for your brand’s online success because of its inbound marketing characteristic. It gives you a wider reach that’s targeted, at the same time, to people who’ve expressed interest in you or your competitor’s products or services.
Being visible to these prospects can significantly increase your leads and, ultimately, sales when SEO is done the right way. It’s also a cost-effective solution since you can get recurring traffic on a single well-crafted content. Lastly, you boost your brand authority when you get to the top of the SERPs for keywords relevant to your company.